Saturday 3 May 2014

the Attic at Pan Peninsula Cocktail Bar Review

the Attic at Pan Peninsula Cocktail Bar Review

I live to the philosophy of "the purpose of our lives is to be happy" to the point of obsession.  It's not that hard; know what makes you happy and keep it up.  Great views makes me happy.  Cocktails makes me happy.  Being in London makes me happy.  Being with friends makes me happy.  Does this make The Attic Bar heaven?

The Attic Bar was mentioned to me by a guy on a dating site as his angle to go on a date with me.  I thought I'd really like to go to this place but not with you (being happy is a ruthless business) so I organised payday cocktail club with my lovely girlfriends instead.  Thanks for the tip - I'm sure you'll make some other girl very happy. 

I wish I read a bit more online about it before I went so that I didn't end up doing exactly what pretty much everyone does; 1. take the long way round from the station 2. walk into the reception of the residential part of the pan peninsula building 3. walk into Tomkins restaurant with a confused look because there is hardly any indication that this is the way to the bar.  However the staff probably get it all the time and were very helpful pointing me to the most unassuming lift (after the Shard standards are raised somewhat).

48 floors up later and all that is forgotten because it's happy hour.  The happiness begins!

the Attic at Pan Peninsula Cocktail Bar Review
But first let me take a selfie

My friend snuck in an order for me before happy hour finished.  She asked for an obsession because she knows me better than any man would do.  42 Below Vodka, peach puree and lychee.  The obsession looks like a tequila sunrise but with added happy.  Never have I ever had a cocktail that had hundreds and thousands.  The additional shock because you wouldn't think from the place that they would serve cocktails with hundreds and thousands.    

the Attic at Pan Peninsula Cocktail Bar Review

The other drink she ordered was a Tanqueray Garden.  Tanqueray, lime, mint, cucumber and apple juice.  Looks a little more grown up than my last drink but the cute glass makes me happy.

the Attic at Pan Peninsula Cocktail Bar Review

The Attic Bar was heavenly.  I was a little disappointed that there was no jazz playing as advertised but other than that it was a really lovely place.  A great social spot with lots of big groups of people there but I'm sure equally good for dates(!).  Not that it bothers me but the toilets are Ally McBeal stylee with a mixed toilet.  There are balconies giving you a chance to see over Canary Wharf and also the O2.  It was a bad idea to wear a flared dress on a blustery day when I headed out to the balcony though.  Yes, exactly that happened and I'll tell you one thing; it ain't easy to channel 7 year itch when you're battling with that fine rain that soaks you through.  

the Attic at Pan Peninsula Cocktail Bar Review
The view kind of makes it worth my dress flying up...kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment