Monday 27 January 2014

The Hoxton Grill Cocktail Bar Review

The Hoxton Grill Cocktail Bar Review

I have an over zealous interest in Shoreditch despite having no affinity to it at all.  Every time I'm within sniffing distance of EC1/2, I'm well aware my wardrobe of New Look items has no place here.  I think my interest is because Shoreditch seems to be my antithesis; trendy, liberal...grimy.  But the Hoxton Grill shows that Shoreditch can class it up when it wants to.

Don't get me wrong, there were still guys with their obligatory Shoreditch beards and trendy glasses when you first walk in but everything is so very nice and clean.  Good lighting, lots of reflections and a clean, spacious feel.  I sound like I'm describing a bathroom.

The Hoxton Grill Cocktail Bar Review
Had an inception moment when I saw a mirror reflecting a mirror


The Hoxton Grill Cocktail Bar Review

I had ching.  Not to be confused with a ching ching (which has rum and creme de menthe), I have zero idea why it was called a ching.  I also kept telling everyone that it was like a mojito.  Other than the mint, it had nothing to do with a mojito but I would say it was better because the apple juice makes it sweet but not sugary, sickly sweet.

The Hoxton Grill Cocktail Bar Review

I also had a lychee and rose.  These are a few of my favourite things and prettily served in a champagne flute.  I'm running out of ways to say how I like lychee and rose based drinks.  It was lovely.

The Hoxton Grill is a a great pre-nightclub bar.  The music is good, the drinks are good and it's actually a lovely place to be inside.  Even on the way to the toilets, you feel like you're walking down some classy art gallery.  On the bad side the service was ridiculously slow but they were very nice.  Of course, there is only so much class I can handle so on the way home I stopped off at a Chicken Cottage.  We Croydon girls like to keep it real sometimes.


  





No comments:

Post a Comment