Sunday 27 October 2013

Cocktails at Burgers & Cocktails Marylebone

I generally shun hard work, ungirly outfits and dirty old man pubs.  However there's times when it's not bad to stop being a bit of a princess.

I was tagging along with a group who were going out for dinner in London and we ended up at Burgers & Cocktails.  Burgers & Cocktails is actually part of the Giraffe group which initially created some confusion and also because whilst no one said it, there was a distinct feeling amongst us of "It looks too cool to be a Giraffe".

Cocktails at Burgers & Cocktails Marylebone





Cocktails at Burgers & Cocktails Marylebone


The best word to use for Burgers & Cocktails is that it's sociable.  It's a fairly roomy place but it felt cosy and full of friends having a great time.  It's a table-pushed-together, loudly ordering beers, adult version of an after-school hangout kind of place.  It's the sort of place that I was actually glad I was wearing jeans and converses and not a dress.  

Cocktails at Burgers & Cocktails Marylebone

I had a Double Stuffed hard shake.  I've been meaning to go somewhere for hard shakes ever since I read a Metro article about it and had it pinned on my board forever.  I'm not usually a fan of Kahlua but you could barely taste it and it's similar to a Pimms; probably don't realise how strong they are until you have a few. 

Cocktails at Burgers & Cocktails Marylebone

I also had a Flaming Mon.  It arrived flaming but the waitress was quite persistent that I blow out the flame quickly before all the alcohol burnt away (so sadly no arty shots).  Then she told me to quickly down the shot (she sounds bossy but she was lovely really).  Oh my, that was a trifle strong.  However I put on my poker face to save face which did earn me kudos when everyone at the table heard the waitress tell me that the shot contained 63% alcohol.

Burgers & Cocktails is in a great location not too far from Bond Street and also St Christopher's place.  We were lucky given there was 8 of us that we didn't have to wait too long as it was busy but there was a group on the other table who booked beforehand and still had to wait.  Therefore I would normally advise booking but I don't think rocking up and winging it would be too bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment