Sunday 9 March 2014

Cocktails at Sticks'n'Sushi

Cocktails at Sticks'n'Sushi

I have the longest unfulfilled obsession with Japan.  I can't pinpoint the exact moment it began but probably coincided with when I stopped my ugly little gothy stage around puberty and decided that it's not so bad to like beautiful things.  I dream of the day I will (and I WILL) sit in a park among the cherry blossom trees or hide away among the mountains and lakes.

To placate this desire (for now), me and my sister - who writes the beautifully photographed and written blog Hanhabelle - headed to Sticks'n'Sushi for lunch.

I have not had decent sushi in ages and seeing the Hairy Bikers travel around Japan got my tastebuds watering; my mouth literally hung open as I was watching it..less so when they got into their sumo wrestling garb.  Hanh had been to Sticks'n'Sushi before and raved about the beautiful cuisine so I didn't go with any intentions of having any cocktails.  However when I was presented with a cocktail menu...well it would have been rude not to indulge.

Firstly, there were so many drinks I liked the look of.  I had that slightly overwhelming feeling similar which I can only imagine Augustus Gloop also experienced.  I actually got anxious because there were so many things I wanted.  Haha.

Cocktails at Sticks'n'Sushi

However I decided to have the LG saketini.  Ginger and lemongrass seemed fitting given the cuisine.  Delightfully light although I did feel a little absurd having such a long lemongrass stalk protruding from the glass.  I could have easily remove said lemongrass stalk but that would have been sensible.  I also need to mention that this drink was complimentary of sticks'n'sushi.  What a lovely and very appreciated gesture.

Cocktails at Sticks'n'Sushi

The Kimono Cloud was just as light as its name suggest.  I thought the rum would make it a little heavy but the sexy sweet lemon (their words, not mine) did lift it up and make it sweet.

Sticks'n'Sushi is a great venue for lunch with a bright and airy feel and the open plan kitchen was fun to see when nipping down to the loos.  The food was beautifully presented and also the staff were so friendly and polite which given the proximity to such a prime tourist location can be a rare occurrence.  And the sushi?  Just what the hairy bikers ordered. 

1 comment:

  1. The cocktails themselves are worth another visit!

    Hanh x

    ReplyDelete