Wednesday 27 January 2016

Once Upon A Wigwam Queen of Hoxton Cocktail Bar Review


So me and my friend were recently reminiscing about the time we went glamping a few years ago. It was a huge 2 bedroom tent, with a 4-poster bed, roll top bath (bloody better than my own bathroom at the time), fairy lights, flickering candles, Cath Kidston inspired decor and a log burner. We stayed there because we got a deal which was available during November and that = cold. Despite the FREEZING temperature, there was something really nice about being huddled in a tent. And that's kind of what it felt like when I recently went to Once Upon a Wigwam atop the Queen of Hoxton rooftop.


The Queen of Hoxton actually only ever gets the wigwam up during the winter months (October - March) so she must have the same romantic view of huddling on a cold winter's day as I do (I look back at the glamping thing through hot pink tinted glasses. I'm sure at the time it was a whole new level of cold). And what especially stole my heart was that it was Grimms Tales themed (I have a real love for all things Grimms Tales).

Once Upon A Wigwam Queen of Hoxton Cocktail Bar Review
Although it's fun (and warmer) to sit inside, there's still big fire pits outside with seating
After passing the young and trendy hipsters on the ground floor (I'm dealing with my age in a mature and reasoned manner...waaaaaah), you have to climb some stairs (funnily enough) to get to the roof top. 

Once Upon A Wigwam Queen of Hoxton Cocktail Bar Review

It was busy so seats were a premium but not crowded which was nice. We spent a lot of the evening in the den before we spied a free table and shot across the wigwam faster than Hansel to the gingerbread house.

Once Upon A Wigwam Queen of Hoxton Cocktail Bar Review
The Golden Apple drink with my Three Little Pigs burger (pork loin, sausage meat with sage and orange, crackling and spiced apple sauce. YUM) and roast potatoes, turnip and garlic. 
I was very fond of the Golden Apple drink that it was my drink of choice for the whole evening.

Once Upon A Wigwam Queen of Hoxton Cocktail Bar Review
Some of our hot toddies. Best feeling ever

Reasonably priced drinks (£7 for the Golden Apple), create atmosphere and decor. Good for hanging out with mates but also good for dates.


No comments:

Post a Comment