Tuesday 7 July 2015

Cocktails at Bourne & Hollingsworth Building

Cocktails at Bourne & Hollingsworth Building

It's a bit of an old person thing to say (hey I'm comfortable with my age...now) but I love a good conservatory. It's nice to be warm and feel the sun on your face without the downside of bumblebees and insects. The B&H Buildings is kind of like a grand conservatory making it a super venue as we head into the summer. Please do not buy me a rug for my knees. OK, maybe...that does sound kind of cool if it was in pink tartan? Cool thanks.

OK, so I have been totally meaning to go here for ages because these badass guys are the ones who make all the cocktails at the Dark Circus Party that I love going to. I've been to their cocktail branch in Fitzrovia and now the holy trinity is complete.

All 3 experiences I've had with B&H have been totally different. However all are joined by a general sense of weirdness which I absolutely adore. It's eccentric. It's a flamingo amongst a flock of pigeons. There are nooks and random objects without looking like a crazy old lady had completely taken charge of the place. I want to wear a dress covered in leaves and blend in one of the chairs. Or an old school safari shirt dress with hunting hat. Or just jeans and an oversize jumper Jack Wills style (although I'm not of that rare breed who can make their hair look effortlessly messy. It's just a mess). I suspect B&H will let us look however we want.

It's not just the delicious cocktails either but I had a fabulous vegetable tagine. Something I burnt off quickly racing down the street to the tube when I afterwards realised I was at the wrong Sadler's Well theatre and had to race across town to make the show. Oops.

Cocktails at Bourne & Hollingsworth Building
Cocktails at Bourne & Hollingsworth Building Cocktails at Bourne & Hollingsworth Building
Cocktails at Bourne & Hollingsworth Building
Cocktails at Bourne & Hollingsworth Building


2 comments:

  1. The tangine looks good! I remember their cocktails were pretty tasty too :)

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really yummy, both food and cocktails! x

    ReplyDelete