Thursday 6 November 2014

Cocktails at Tredwell's London

Cocktails at Tredwell's London

I spend the first half of the year trying some sort of starvation diet to have a body that people won't recoil from seeing on the beach in the summer. Usually starts off with "absolutely no cakes", to "only cake on Friday" to "I'm going to have cake everyday but half the amount I normally would" to "f*ck it, it's been a long week and oops looks like I've eaten the whole thing".  After July it's then pretty much downhill, I embrace lumpy big jumpers I can hide under meaning I can eat anything I want.  Hurrah!  And ate I did at Tredwell's.


Tredwell's very kindly invited me to come in and try some of their cocktails as well as stay for dinner.  Tredwell's is a Marcus Wareing restaurant (oooh er!) and it's all around shared eating, which is why their dishes were cutely titled under "pots & jars" and "small plates". 

Cocktails at Tredwell's London
Chorizo "jam", beetroot hummus, pulled pork, salmon with spirulina and chicken with peanut sauce were some of the things we ordered to start with.  Yeah...start.  I should also point out there was only 2 of us.

I was so looking forward to our main dinner of sticky chicken and seabass that I dug into it before taking any photos.  True story.  Luckily I suppose you guys are more bothered about the cocktails anyway.

Cocktails at Tredwell's London

This stunning little drink is humourously called Down the apples & pears because it has vodka, apple, pear and elderflower in it.  Which I'm glad I had first as it's a lovely light drink to start with.

Cocktails at Tredwell's London

This was absolutely the highlight of my night.  I was already loving all the food and as I was deciding what drink to have, Coca Cado Retox popped out because it had avocado and coconut water which sounded too bizarre not to try but it was absolutely delicious.  Kind of like a Hendrick's and cucumber but better...and cute to boot.

Great location as it only took me a few minutes max to walk from Leicester Square tube station.  The staff were really attentive and friendly; our waitress almost photo bombed us, haha.  Tredwell's has a nice sociable atmosphere to it which was reflected in the style of food they served and the décor.  My friend liked it enough she was already asking them about Christmas bookings.  Given her disposition to eat at nice places, that is definitely a good sign.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment