Thursday 12 December 2013

Cocktails at Cay Tre & Blueberry Bar

It's the season for Christmas jumpers and Christmas leggings.  The dread of stepping out after a hot shower and accepting the cruel hair that winter hats give you.  I'm also going through a phase of having Heinz soup ALL THE TIME at work.  First it was tomato but now it's chicken (all the while having a faint Northern accented monologue running in my head a la radio advert).

Cocktails at Cay Tre & Blueberry Bar





It's also the perfect season for Vietnamese food, although I am of the belief that Vietnamese food is great all year round (of course).  But off I ambled to Cay Tre for a friend's birthday to vet the menu and impose my views on anyone and which totally backfired.  Sam - "so what does Cay Tre mean?".  Me - "Er, well cay is a tree and tre is...err...err...doesn't have the accent so I don't know the intonation and meaning...err...err..".  I believe the word here is fail.


Cocktails at Cay Tre & Blueberry Bar


I had a Viettini.  First of all, love any pun or variation to name of drinks with lame/not lame attempts to push words from your own agenda into it.  Look at that it has gin.  And lychees.  Oh wait, lychess.  Very nice.  Lemongrass was a good addition although Pomegranate was like that quiet guy that no one notices at a party.  Then the next day when they talk about it and you're like "You were there?....really???"

Cocktails at Cay Tre & Blueberry Bar
I also had an Em Oi Fizz.  Again, my translations attempt left much to be desired "Well em is like either a girl or someone younger than you and oi is like 'get over here'" (*in my mind* "yeah totes on the right track".  Pretty sure I'm not).  I've been enjoying prosecco and elderflower as of late so this was a pretty little partnership.  Plus it looks well posh in the most unposh setting.

Post dinner we went to the Blueberry Bar.  Great place but wasn't exactly jostling for a place at the bar (ah I forget not everyone wants to start the week boozing).  This place has awesome and quirk written all over it.  For the first time I actually took photos of the loos.  Not the actual loos (which were less awesome) but the cool ceiling and wallpaper.


Cocktails at Cay Tre & Blueberry Bar

I had an Orient Express.  Totally forgot to make a note of what was in it but you can probably tell from its chemistry test look about it that it has Midori.  Very sweet and very Midori-like (I'm just emphasizing on this as it's the only thing that I'm 100% sure it contains).

Blueberry bar was fun, we got to try their mulled wine they were experimenting with.  We played ping pong in a spectacularly bad manner.  I dressed up as Pocahontas.  I liked their lampshades in the shape of hats.  I also liked this - 

Cocktails at Cay Tre & Blueberry Bar

Damn straight.

 

1 comment:

  1. great snaps, defo need to check out Blueberry bar!

    Hanh x

    ReplyDelete