Sunday 3 February 2013

Cocktails in Ninetyeight bar, Shoreditch

As I write this entry, I came to the startling realisation that I didn't have a single cocktail in the whole of January, WTF?!  However, before you think I'm going to be virtuous and say that I had a dry January, it's shamefully been quite the contrary and I've been forsaking my martini glasses in replacement of Grey Goose, Moet and Dom Perignon.  Oh the life of being a minus z list and taking advantage of the fact that I've made a minor appearance on a Saturday night dating program.


However, I'm back on the bandwagon and back with a vengeance, finally getting to go to Ninetyeight Bar in Shoreditch (Morrell House, 98 Curtain Road, Shoreditch, London, EC2A 3AF, http://ninetyeight-bar-lounge.com/), with my friends for pay day cocktail club.

I've had this on my list to visit for a while now.  I love a cute and quirky place and this bar does cute and quirky in spades.  For a place that's very 'look at me in all my cuteness', it was quite hard to find the place as it's downstairs down some spiral staircases.  Once inside, it's like a society princess was let loose on her parents super swanky house and the girliness dial cranked up.  It was mostly full of girls but I was expecting it to be all girls.  In fact, whenever I saw a man, I had to refrain from pulling a 'why on earth would you be in here?' face.

Image taken from societeperrier.com

It was nice to chill out on the sofas and go on a bit of a visual overdrive taking in all the sights.  Once I was done being somewhat overwhelmed, I did get round to ordering a drink.


I tried a eucalyptus martini.  I don't know why, I didn't even really like the sound of it because it sounded like it should be a moisturising cream or something but oh well, I'll give anything a go once.  It was refreshing but strong.  I didn't particularly enjoy it.

However, I let my hunger get the better of me and as they didn't serve food there (other than popcorn which is quite sweet), I suggested we head off for food.  Despite the mediocre response to the above cocktail, I will definitely be going again and trying the other ones I liked the look of.   




No comments:

Post a Comment