Sunday 16 December 2012

Freedom Bar Soho Cocktail Bar Review

Freedom Bar Soho Cocktail Bar Review

I've decided that Wardour Street / Soho is definitely one of my favourite areas in London.  That street is always buzzing and there's more places to eat and drink than I can shake a hungry stick at. I had organised a girly dinner at Grace Bar (http://www.grace-bar.co.uk/) which was only around the corner so in typical fashion I thought I'd squeeze in a few cocktails and read about Freedom Bar (www.freedombarsoho.com, 66 Wardour Street, W1F 0TA). 

It was still happy hour when we got there, happy days.  Not sure if it was the Soho effect but there were a lot of men there considering it was quite a girly looking place, not that I'm complaining...in fact I didn't quite utilise the situation considering I actually looked quite nice and dressed up.  

I had a French Kiss - no idea why it was given that name, I didn't feel seduced by a Frenchman, more like a Spanish holiday romance.  Cranberry vodka, Chambord (the French thing?), pineapple juice and lime.  I really liked it and the blackberries on top reminded me how much I haven't had blackberries in ages and how awesome they are!

I also had a June Bug because it sounded too cute to not but also because I like the flavours.  Malibu, Midori, banana liqueur and pineapple juice.  It sounded like such a holiday drink.  I love Midori and don't see it enough in cocktails and it adds this lovely flavour to an already enjoyable drink with pineapple.

Freedom Bar is fantastic; great music, great decor and yummy cocktails.  A great location for me and my girlfriends to talk about boys - new relationships, dating advice and whirlwind romances.  Will definitely be going back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment